Memory Verse: (Genesis 1:1)
A. Its Author And Purpose.
1. Moses the human writer. (Luke 24:27,44)2. The Holy Spirit the author. (2 Pet. 1:21) (2 Tim. 3:16)3. The purpose.a. That we might know the true history of God's creation.b. That we might learn the spiritual lessons. (1 Cor. 10:6,11)
B. Seven Special Beginnings, In Genesis "The Book Of Beginnings."
1. The beginning of the material universe: The sphere of the divine revelation of grace.2. The beginning of the human race: The subject of the divine revelation of grace.3. The beginning of sin: The cause of the divine revelation of grace.4. The beginning of divine redemption: The character of the divine revelation of grace.5. The beginning of the nations: The scope of the divine revelation of grace.6. The beginning of the Hebrew nation: The channel of the divine revelation of grace.7. The beginning of the life of faith: The outcome of the divine revelation of grace.--(W. H. Griffith Thomas)
C. "In The Beginning God" Versus Six "Isms"
1. It denies atheism with its doctrine of no God.2. It denies polytheism with its doctrine of many Gods.3. It denies fatalism with its doctrine of chance.4. It denies evolution with its doctrine of infinite becoming.5. It denies pantheism with its doctrine that makes God and the universe identical.6. It denies materialism with its doctrine of the eternity of matter.
D. God's Stamp Of Perfection On Gen. 1:1 · 2:4.
II. GOD THE CREATOR AND HIS WORLD. v. 1-21. "Good" appears 7 times. v. 4, 10, 12, 18, 21, 25, 312. "Made" appears 7 times. v. 7, 16, 25, 26, 31; 2:2, 33. "Heaven" appears 7 times. v. 1, 8, 9, 14, 15, 17, 204. "God" is referred to 35 times. That is 7 x 5 = 355. There are 7 Hebrew words in v. 1. There are 28 Hebrew letters in v. 1. Four is earth's number. 4 x 7 = 286. There are 7 activities:a. Activity of the Holy Spirit. v. 2b. The word of God calling into existence light. v. 3c. The making of the firmament. v. 6-9d. The bringing forth of the vegetation. v. 11e. The arranging of the heavenly bodies. v. 14-19f. The storing up of the waters. v. 20-21g. The stocking of the earth. v. 24 (Pink & Entzminger)
A. God A Reality. v. 1
1. "God." v. 1.a. Before all things.b. The cause of all things.c. The explanation of all things.d. The destiny of all things.2. "In the beginning."a. Birth of time.b. Birth of matter.c. The birth of revelation.3. This verse assumes:a. The being of God.b. His eternity.c. His omnipotence.d. His absolute freedom and sovereignty.e. His infinite wisdom.f. His essential goodness.4. "God" of Gen. 1:1 is "Elohim" a uni-plural noun.5. "Created" is a singular verb and requires a singular subject.6. The New Testament reveals Christ as Creator. (John 1:1-4) ; (Heb. 1:1-3) ; (Col. 1:15-17) .
B. Atheism Is A Hoax.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God." (Psa. 14:1) . Atheism and evolution are both foolish. Can anyone prove there is no God? NO!
1. Biblical history of creation proves atheism a folly. God's word sets forth the only plausible, plain and believable record of creation. Look at all the myths of other religions on this subject.2. The existence of a beautiful world about us reveals the existence of an all wise God. See (Psa. 19:1) .3. The universal belief in God or gods, reveal His existence.4. Matter is not eternal.
C. The Teaching Of (Gen. 1:2) .
"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep." There can be "no form and void," with darkness.
1. A tremendous revelation of truth.
a. This may be true of matter. Matter is not God and without God it is meaningless, dark and useless.b. This may be true of minds. The mind is nothing without God. Too many worship the intellect.c. This may be true of the soul.
2. A tremendous opportunity for change. Under the brooding power of the Spirit.
a. Matter can be changed.b. Mind can be changed. (Mind may have knowledge and yet utter chaos) . "If our gospel be hid. . . it is hid unto them that are lost...." "We have the mind of Christ." "Sound mind. "c. Soul can be changed.
3. The earth:a. Without form.b. Without light.c. Without life. Not without God.4. The Spirit of God:a. Removes darkness.b. Imparts beauty.c. Gives life.
NOTE: "Created" is the Hebrew "bara" and it is used only of God.
1. What does the word "Genesis" mean?2. Name the author of Genesis. Give proof.3. Name the writer of Genesis.4. Which person in the New Testament gave proof of this?5. State in your own words the purpose of Genesis?6. Name the seven special beginnings of Genesis.7. Quote the first four words of Genesis.8. How many times does "good" and "heaven" appear in chapter 1? What is the significance of that?9. Does Genesis chapter 1 make an attempt to prove the existence of God?10. What is the Hebrew word for God in Genesis 1:1? How does this affect the doctrine of the Trinity?
baptistinfo.org - The End
Copyright © 2017
Welborn Computer Services
All Rights Reserved.