A. A lot of Christians are under the assumption that "good people" will make it into heaven. This is not biblical. The biblical meaning of goodness, preferably God's goodness is much more than just the avoidance of evil. It carries with it so much more than that.
1. (Exodus 33:18-19)
B. God's goodness carries with it the idea of His sovereignty, His nature, His character etc. It speaks of His hospitality, His liberating power, as well as His reproof or reproach of evil things. This means to us that we are to take a stand for righteousness, even if nobody else will. God's goodness shines into our lives and that light in us shines into the darkness.
1. (Ephesians 5:9) - Reflecting God's goodness brings forth and points to God's glory!
C. The Spirit Works Goodness Through Us.
1. (Matthew 5:16) - see your good works.
2. (Romans 12:9) - cling to what is good.
3. (Romans 12:21) - overcome evil with good.
4. (Galations 6:10) - let us do good to all people.
5. Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as you can, do good! - John Wesley
6. (Colossians 1:10) - bearing fruit in every good work.
7. (2 Thessalonians 1:11) - and fulfill every desire for goodness.
8. (1 Peter 2:12) - Live such good lives among the pagans... they may see your good deeds and glorify God.
baptistinfo.org - The End
Copyright © 2017
Welborn Computer Services
All Rights Reserved.