1. The Creator (Genesis 1:3) And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.2. The Word of God and The Light of Lifea. (John 1:1-5) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.3. The Sustainer of Lifea. (Colossians 1:16-17) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.4. A Priest Forever, after the order of Melchizedech,a. (Genesis 14:18) And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.b. (Psalms 110:4) The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.c. (Hebrews 6:20) Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.5. The Friend of Abraham.a. (Genesis 17:1-3) And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him…b. (2 Chronicles 20:7) Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?c. (James 2:23) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.6. The Messenger visiting Abraham before Sodom's destruction.a. (Genesis 18:1) And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;7. The Wrestler with Jacoba. (Genesis 32:24-32) And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.8. The Deliverer of Joseph and his brothers.a. (Genesis 45:7) And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance.
1. The Deliverer of all Israel.a. (Exodus 7:5) And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.b. (Exodus 18:10) And Jethro said, Blessed be the LORD, who hath delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of Pharaoh, who hath delivered the people from under the hand of the Egyptians.2. The Passover Lamb.a. (Exodus 12:7-8) And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it. And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.b. (Exodus 12:23) For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.c. He walked through Egypt that last night and passed over those who accepted the sacrificial Lamb of God.3. The Manna, the Bread which came down from Heaven.a. (Exodus 16:15) And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat.b. (John 6:32-41) And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.4. The Rock which Moses strucka. (Exodus 17:6) Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.5. The Water of Life, which flowed from that rocka. (John 4:10) Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.b. (John 7:37-38) In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
6. The Water is purchased with a great price, but given freely.a. (Isaiah 55:1) Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
1. The Law-giver. "And the LORD spake unto Moses…" in the first verse of most chapters in this book.2. The Fulfillment of the Law.a. (John 1:17) For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.b. (Acts 13:39) And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.c. (Hebrews 7:19) For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.d. (Galatians 2:16) Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
1. The Brass Serpent lifted up in the Wilderness. The serpent of Moses lifted up on the staff represented Jesus lifted up on the cross.a. (Numbers 21:9) And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.b. (John 3:14) And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
1. A Consuming Fire, driving out the enemy.a. (Deuteronomy 9:3) Understand therefore this day, that the LORD thy God is he which goeth over before thee; as a consuming fire he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them down before thy face: so shalt thou drive them out, and destroy them quickly, as the LORD hath said unto thee.
2. A Sure Foundation for those who are called by His name. He establishes "Christians."a. (Deuteronomy 28:9-10) The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways. And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.
1. The Courage of Joshua (continued...)
Copyright © 2017
Welborn Computer Services
All Rights Reserved.