I. INTRO We believe that satan is an angelic person whose is name is lucifer, that he fell from the original creation to become the old serpent, called the devil and satan, who deceived the whole world and is the adversary of the saints and God. (Ezek 28:11-28) (Isa 14:12-17) (1 Pet 5:8) (Job 1:6-7) (Rev 20:1-15) .
II. Anointed cherub (Ezek 28:11-19)
A. satan was created by God, to serve God, as an angelic creature (Ezek 28:14)
1. satan served in God’s presence (covereth - protector or a possessor of a high position) (Ezek 28:13)2. maybe over the praise & music (tabret or timbrel and pipes are instruments) used at banquets (Is 5:12) , religious services or places of honor
[Music on earth (Gen 4:21) descendants of Cain, “who was of that wicked one”]
B. (Ezek 28:12,15) satan was created in perfection (beauty, wisdom & ways) (2 Cor 11:13-15)
1. (Ezek 28:15,17) lifted up in pride & rebelled2. (Ezek 28:16,18,19) destined for judgement
C. As lightning, satan fell from heaven (Lk 10:18)
III. Adversary1. (Gen 1:1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth 2 .(Gen 1:2) And the earth was without form and void What made it void ? ….see (Is 45:18) God is not the author of confusion or chaos3. Jude 1:6 satan and his angels fell to the earth4. Because of sin of pride and rebellion, satan fell from heaven (Is 14:12-17)5. satan said “I will” 5 times…..wanted his will over God’s will6. lucifer means “Light-bearer” he was created as an angel of light …….. but rebelled
A. satan means adversary
IV. salvation thru Jesus1. (1 Pet 5:8,9) devil means slanderer2. sinners under his dominion3. by deception (Gen 3:1-13) “the serpent beguiled me”a. (John 8:44 - liar & murderer)b. by his power (Acts 26:18) “from the power of satan unto God”c. by his blinding them (2 Cor 4:4) “the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them”
A. by His shed blood (Matt 26:28)
B. (Heb 9:22) by His power & light (Acts 26:18) (2 Cor 4:4-6)V. Activity of satan
A. access to heaven (Job 1:6)
1. accuser of the brethren (Job 1:7-11) but can’t touch the saints without permission (Rev 12:10)2. contends with saints (Eph 6:12) “against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
B. We must Resist Him
1. (Eph 4:27) - Neither give place to the devil2. (James 4:7) -Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
C. Access to heaven denied
1. (Rev 12:7-9) One day (in tribulation period), satan no longer given access to heaven
D. Anti-christ empowered by satan
1. devil empowers the anti-christ (2 Thes 2:4)2. (Rev 13:2) just as devil empowered Judas - (Jn 13:26,27)
E. Arch enemy satan defeated forever (Rev 20:1-10)
1. defeat at Armageddon (Rev 19:11-21)2. bound for 1000 years after tribulation (Rev 20:1-6)3. released and overthrown forever (Rev 20:7-10) Praise God!!!
baptistinfo.org - The End
Copyright © 2017
Welborn Computer Services
All Rights Reserved.