We believe that there is one, and only one, living and true God, an infinite, intelligent Spirit, Jehovah the maker and Supreme Ruler of Heaven and earth. (Jn 4:24) (Ps 147:5) (Ps 83:18) (Heb 3:4) (Rom 1:20) (Jer 10:10) inexpressibly glorious in holiness (Ex 15:11) that in the unity of the Godhead there are three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Mt 28:19) (Jn 15:16) (1 Jn 5:7) equal in every Divine Perfection (Jn 10:30) and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption. (Eph 2:18) (2 Cor 13:14) . He is worthy of all possible honor.
I. The True God- (Jn 4:24) (God is a spirit)
A. One God
1. (Jer 10:10) -But the Lord is the true God, he is the living God
2. (Mk 12:29) -The Lord our God, is one Lord
3. (2 Sam 7:22) - There is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee
B. Omnipotent - All powerful and unlimited power
1. (Ps 62:11) - Power belongeth unto God
2. (Ps 147:5) -Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite
3. (Ps 135:6) - Whatsoever the Lord pleased, that did he….
C. Power In Creation
1. (Gen 1:1) - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
2. (Isa 43:13) - Yea, before the day was I am he
3. (Neh 9:6)
4. (Heb 11:3)
D. Omnipresent- Everywhere, in all places at the same time
1. (Pro 15:3) - The eyes of the Lord are in every place
2. (Ps 139:7-10)
3. (Jer 23:24) - Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him ?
4. (Deuteronomy 4:39) - The Lord he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth
E. Omniscient- All knowing
II. Triune God1. (Job 31:4) - Doth not he see my ways and count all my steps ?
2. (Job 34:21) - For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all….
3. (Ps 33:13) - The Lord looketh from heaven; and beholdeth all…..
4. (1 Jn 3:20) - God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things
A. Offices. Exists in three distinct persons, yet the three are harmoniously one.
3. Holy Spirit
B. Oneness of the Trinity
1. (Gen 1:26) -And God said, let us make man in our image…..
2. (1 Jn 5:7) For there are three that bear record in Heaven…….
3. (Mt 3:16,17)
4. (Mt 28:19)
5. (1 Pe 1:2)
6. (Heb 9:14)
7. (2 Cor 13:14)
8. (Jn 14:26, 15:26)
9. (Eph 2:18) - For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father
baptistinfo.org - The End
Copyright © 2017
Welborn Computer Services
All Rights Reserved.